Welcome to the our series of tutorials for Nephio R1. This is a series of short videos, decks, blogs and user exercises to explain Nephio and the concepts underlying it, using R1. For a quick demonstration of Nephio, take a look at the Nephio R1 Demo Video. It doesn't cover the more sophisticated things we can do in Nephio, but it can give you a flavor of what Nephio does. All the videos in this series may be found in our Learning with Nephio R1 YouTube Playlist.
Each link below is to a separate episode detailing a different aspect of Nephio. The first few set the stage - but after that some videos will be optional in order to get a deeper understanding of some of the different concepts. Each episode has an article, and most also have slides and a video. You can use the comments on the Wiki to ask any questions you may have.
- Episode 1 - Series Introduction
- Episode 2 - Why Nephio?
- Episode 3 - The Nephio Approach
- Episode 4 - Building a Demo Environment
- Episode 5 - Nephio free5gc Operator
- Episode 6 - Deploying Helm with Flux CD
Ideas for Future Episodes
Your contribution? We would love to have your contribution - it can be a simple article, video, slides, or all three.
We have many areas we could address. Please take a look at the list below and let us know what is most interesting. Make a request in the comments or on the GitHub issue!
- Walking Through the Exercises
- Nephio Architecture
- The Nephio Community
- Nephio free5gc Operator
- All About Packages and Repositories
- Deploying a Package Many Times
- Collaborative Package Configuration
- Nephio package configuration lifecycle overview
- Package conditions and multiple user interaction
- Specializers and external system integrations
- Creating a Simple Package
- Creating a Cluster Package for non-KinD Clusters
- Using KRM Function
- Writing KRM Functions
- Deep Dive: Nephio Package Configuration Methods
- Different ways to mutate a package as it goes from the original source, to your workload cluster
- How and when to use different methods, their pros and cons
- Mutations on clone, KRM functions, injectors, package fanout, apply time mutation, mutating webhooks, runtime operators
- Deep Dive: PackageVariant and PackageVariantSet
- Package Dependencies
- Nephio and ConfigSync
- Nephio and Argo
- Nephio and Flux
- Nephio and Crossplane
- Nephio and Helm